Your VocabNetwork profile picture is a way of showing off a little bit of your personality and letting other users get to know who you are. And while that “No Photo” image might surround your VN presence with a bit of mystery, a real picture is much more interesting.
Let’s get started.
1. On your Dashboard page, mouse over the Account button at the top right and choose Profile Picture from the drop-down menu.
(Click any image to enlarge)
2. Click Browse to select an image from your computer. Remember, only JPG, PNG, or GIF files that are 1MB or smaller will work.
3. Use the slider to zoom in and out on your image, and click and drag within the image to re-center it.
4. When your picture is how you want it, click Okay. You’ll be prompted to enter your password, and then you’re done!
Now you’ll see your profile pic at the top of the page, and the pic will represent you around the site. If you ever want to change it again, you can always come back and choose a new pic.
While we’re here, let’s take a look at the other settings that you can change on this page.
1. Look at the menu on the left and click Change Password.
This is where you can change your password, or if you’ve forgotten it, click Forgot password? and you’ll receive an e-mail about how to reset your password.
2. Click Interest Areas.
Here, you can select or change your Interest Areas. We strongly recommend that you choose two or three Interest Areas — it’s a great way to connect with other users who share your interests!
3. Click Primary Email Address to change the email address connected to your account, and Basic Information to change your name and location.
The Go Pro! page is where you can upgrade to a Pro Account. For the alpha launch, however, VocabNetwork Pro accounts are FREE! Just one of the perks for helping VocabNetwork become the best place on the ‘Net to learn vocabulary.
Now that you know how to customize your profile, get to it! Remember, VocabNetwork is all about YOU, and your profile pic is one way to express your unique self!