Announcing VocabNetwork’s DESCRIBE ME CONTEST!
One of the coolest new features on VocabNetwork, Describe Me, lets you use your vocab words as you might in real life to describe fun, interesting images. You can also vote on other people’s sentences that you like the best!
It’s proven that using new words in addition to memorizing their meanings increases your ability to remember and integrate them in into your life. Enter this month’s DESCRIBE ME CONTEST and try it!
Enter VocabNetwork's DESCRIBE ME CONTEST today!
HOW THE CONTEST WORKS:
- Click this link to go to VN’s Contest studylist – Communication Challenges
- In the top right corner of the site, Log In or Sign Up. it’s easy and free!
- In the top green band, click “Study flashcards and test yourself!” link.
- Go through steps 1, 2, and 3 until you have your studylist at least 50% complete. (That means getting each word correct FIVE times in Word Test.)
- In ”Describe Me” (under the yellow LEARN menu at the top), select the Communication Challenges studylist from the studylist dropdown menu at the top right of the page. Post sentences using your Communication Challenges vocab words for the following three images:Talk to the Hand, Mother and Baby, iPaid
- Vote ”thumbs-up” on sentences you think are interesting and correct. Get your friends to vote on yours.
- The person whose sentence has the most “thumbs-up” is the winner!
- To enter, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put DESCRIBE ME CONTEST as the subject and your username in the message.
- The contest begins at 4pm GMT on Tuesday 12 Feb. 2013, and runs until 4pm GMT on Friday, 15 Feb. 2013.
- “Thumbs-up” sentences should be 1) interesting and fun plus 2) use the vocab word(s) clearly and correctly.
- You can ask your friends to sign up and vote for your sentences!
The WINNER of the Describe Me Contest will get:
– A $20 USD gift card to Amazon.com
– Their username splashed across VocabNetwork’s blog and Facebook page!
What are you waiting for? Click here
to get started!